When kids are young 98% of what they'll get out of any martial arts
program is based on the instructor(s).
When I taught it was an uphill battle, because the some of the parents
fought the discipline aspects of it tooth and nail.

It was
"You're mean to my kid!!"
"Because your kid is precocious little brat and won't shut up, he only
had to do 10 pushups, yeesh"
"Does he get away with this at school?"
"Well, no"
"Then why would you expect me to let him get away with it here? I
expect better from all of my students"