I don't know how much I'd put into that.. The kids that I have seen
start at 3 or 4 are just fine when they get older, probably a bit
stronger and more coordinated.

Now if the teacher is using "Iron Gong" (I think that's what it's
called) techniques: carrying sand filled buckets while slamming them
into the upper thighs, then punching the sand for an hour etc.. then
I'd agree, but I'd also question why the instructor would be using
those techniques with children.