"If you are, that guy isn't an Obama supporter."

My bad.  He just donated money to Obama's campaign.  He may not be a
supporter.  Maybe he doesn't think Obama is pushing the progressive agenda
hard enough.

"More Patriot groups and more militia groups NEQ more offending.  Even the
SPLC does not make that assertion."

Exactly.

"Lets see...there is the guy that ran the guy and his daughter off of the
road in TN because he had an Obama sticker.  This was right after Palin said
something to the effect of doing just that.  That's one I can think of off
the top of my head."

It just proves there are idiots on both sides of the political spectrum.
The MSM seems to be focusing on one side more than the other.  They also
seem to be making many unfounded accusations about the tea party movement,
such as it being founded in racism.

"Just to throw more manure into to the stew, the Southern Poverty Law
Center, (which I know is left of center, but does a very good job of
tracking hate groups) found the following last year:  that there was a 244%
increase in the number of active Patriot groups in 2009 while the number of
Militia groups almost tripled in number in 2009."

I'll suppose this is true for the sake of argument.  When people feel like
their rights are being trampled and the government isn't listening, they
tend to get defensive.  You my recall that this happened in the 1700's in
America, first with the English Empire and then several other times against
the growing American government.  I don't believe that there will be a civil
war or revolution (as defined by the winner), but it is not unprecedented.

I'll finish with a quote from Thomas Jefferson speaking about Shay's
rebellion in 1786:

I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as
necessary in the political world as storms in the physical. Unsuccessful
rebellions, indeed, generally establish the encroachments on the rights of
the people which have produced them. An observation of this truth should
render honest republican governors so mild in their punishment of rebellions
as not to discourage them too much. It is a medicine necessary for the sound
health of government.
<http://www.earlyamerica.com/review/summer/letter.html>