From: Jerry Barnes [mailto:critic...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 22, 2010 5:44 AM
To: cf-community
Subject: Re: America not #1 in most indices

"Murder, accidents and suicide make our numbers look bad. Take them out of
the calculations and we're near the top."

You work at East Anglia?

But, the point is well-taken.  Most countries don't have anywhere near the
number of personal vehicles or the volume of roads to drive them on so
accidents are more abundant here.  Most countries don't allow citizens to
own fire-arms so that isn't an issue with them.

Still, I would guess more people die from heart disease than gunshots and
car accidents.