Celebrating Cinco de Mayo - fun. Possibly educational if used well by
teachers.

Yelling at kids wearing American flags - dick move. As possibly was wearing
the flags (if only used to incite). But all still ok.

Sending kids home for wearing the American flag - not so ok. Unless the
clothing was SOLELY intended to incite, without any redeeming social
commentary.

Not enough facts to judge, but as I usually err on the side of authority
overreaching, I have my suspicions.