From: Scott Stroz [mailto:boyz...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 06, 2010 8:03 AM
To: cf-community
Subject: WTF?

http://bit.ly/cIJpMh

'But to many Mexican American students at Live Oak, this was a big
deal. They say they were offended by the five boys and others for
wearing American colors on a Mexican holiday.

"I think they should apologize cause it is a Mexican Heritage Day,"
Annicia Nunez, a Live Oak High student, said. "We don't deserve to be
get disrespected like that. We wouldn't do that on Fourth of July."'

These kids were sent home for wearing American flags, at an American
school on a 'Mexican Holiday' that is not really celebrated in Mexico.

What's next? Getting expelled for not wearing green on St. Patrick's Day?

--
Scott Stroz

http://xkcd.com/386/