On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 11:20 AM, Kris Sisk <ks...@gckschools.com> wrote:

> Ok, you're crazy. Here's what not to like:
>
> Elmination of the Department of Education - If you think American education
> is bad NOW, just wait till this happens. Won't take long after that till you
> start seeing kids not finish middle school.

Is that what happened before 1980? Education is a state issue.
Everyone on this list is against NCLB so do away with federal
intrusion into education.

You do realize nine out of ten of the best schools in California are
in what some people refer to as not safe areas. They are also charter
schools that are funded by the state but have the freedom to ignore
the bureaucracy.

> Healthcare is not a right - So if you can't pay your bill you don't get in
> the ambulance. I know that's not their intention, but that's where it'll end
> up if they get their way. Funny thing about backlash against a political idea
> like Obama's health care: it tends to go way past where you were before.

There are still laws against refusing treatment and this doesn't abolish them.

> 'Freedom of Religion' does not mean 'freedom from religion' - Yes it does.
> Otherwise law makers can pass laws that everyone has to have Sunday off or
> that you can't sell beer on Sunday or such nonsense as that. Yeah, I know
> there are places with laws like that, but there shouldn't be.

Freedom from religion simple means churches don't have to hide there
crosses from public view, and Jesus fish bumper stickers won't be
outlawed.

> Resist the efforts to create a one world government - Is that really a threat?
Seriously? Can we maybe think of better ways to spend our effort than
refusing to cooperate with the UN? They're not going to become a world
government any time soon. You can barely get the EU to function as a
governing body without tearing itself apart, let alone the UN.

The UN Treaty on Rights of the Child would surrender our rights to
raise our children how we chose based on an unelected panels
decisions.

The Law Of The Sea Treaty on quick glance looks like we surrender
control of our waterways to a UN panel.

Without no much about them I do see why they are concerned.