> Is that what happened before 1980? Education is a state issue.
> Everyone on this list is against NCLB so do away with federal
> intrusion into education.

I won't argue on NCLB. It's truely one of the worst pieces of law to ever come
out of good intentions. However the DoE has done more good than bad. Let's not
throw out the baby with the bathwater.

> There are still laws against refusing treatment and this doesn't
> abolish them.

What I'm saying is that the backlash would swing past were we were before
Obama. Going from 'Healthcare is not a right' to 'Insured patients only' isn't
that big a jump and it's one I can easily see the far right making if they
thought they could get away with it.

And frankly healthcare IS a basic human right. I'm not sure about Obama's plan
(I STILL haven't sat down and looked into for myself, so I have no opinion on
it), but our healthcare system was definately broken pre-Obama. Regardless of
what you think of his plan at least he's trying to fix it instead of trying to
pretend there wasn't a problem.

> Freedom from religion simple means churches don't have to hide there
> crosses from public view, and Jesus fish bumper stickers won't be
> outlawed.

That would be freedom of religion. Freedom from religion would be not being
forced to observe certain religious laws because they've been written into the
law of the land.

> The UN Treaty on Rights of the Child would surrender our rights to
> raise our children how we chose based on an unelected panels
> decisions.
>
> The Law Of The Sea Treaty on quick glance looks like we surrender
> control of our waterways to a UN panel.

I don't know much about either of those treaties. Frankly those both sound like
things to worry about.