On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 11:02 AM, Larry C. Lyons <larrycly...@gmail.com>wrote:

> If you remember that Science article I posted a few days ago, that's
> typical of center and left/progressive -cerebral and data oriented,
> while right of center typically use anecdotes and emotion and one
> sided presentation.
>
> I suspect that it may be a thoroughly different cognitive style
> typified by the extremes rather than moderates.

I loved the article you sent out, but it's not some sort of indication of
lefties as being smarter than anyone else....i know plenty of republicans
who would also love that article, who agree with it, who think like it, who
are "cerebral and data oriented".

The social issues that the right tend to embrace, faith and family and
morality, do NOT have to be diametrically opposed to reason and knowledge.
When corrupted or taken to the extreme, they often times do, but more times
than not, they do not.

Democrats can be idiots too.  Colossally, stupendously, stupid. And when
they are, they are usually arrogant assholes about it too. "Cerebrals" can
be total pricks....just pricks of a different ilk.

--
The suburbs have no charms to soothe
The restless dream of youth