On 5/19/2010 11:22 AM, Kris Sisk wrote:
> I ... believe in intelligent design

Which is fine, and I have no problem with that belief as long as you
accept it is not science.  It is not since because one can not apply
scientific principals to your belief.  One can not create an experiment
to test it.  One can not create a falsifiable hypothesis for the
belief.  Thus teaching an idea in a science class that one can not apply
science to is premature at best.

> I've never seen a plausible argument against irreducible complexity. Even if
> the parts of the cellular mechanisms evolved in other parts of the cell they
> would still need to come together in a single generation, which would be a
> much larger jump than natural selection allows for. If there's another
> arugment against it I've never seen it. It seems to me that the argument has
> been dismissed by the scientific community at large based solely on who
> presented it without being given a chance to stand on it's own merits. That's
> bad science.

Have you seen any of the new ideas concerning how fast changes might
occur during times of stress.  I don't know the exact and correct terms
off the top of my head, but it involves other information in cells then
just DNA.  But this external cellular features can have a dramatic
affect on the DNA of an organism, even inside of a single living
organsim.  Turning off some DNA turning on Other parts and suddenly
something works completely differently.