On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 1:41 PM, morgan l <greyk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> No, drafting a law that clearly puts untrained people in positions to hold
> someone without evidence of a crime is something we shouldn't do.

If it's going to be law then the people enforcing it will be trained.
Not having the docs is evidence of the crime.

> Again, we
> have a policy in this country of innocent until proven guilty, under which
> there are only a limited number of things that can cause someone to be
> detained by law enforcement. This law extends those provisions too far, and
> opens the door for abuse too wide.

I'm guessing that's 48 hour detainment before being charged or
released. If charged and not released on bail you could spend years in
jail before you prove your innocence.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?pid=337594&id=125739894104570