How about having a real guest worker program like they did until the
1970's but with a lot more oversight. Lets face it we need the
workers. And it would be much better if we knew who they were, and
have better oversight regarding wokrplace safety etc.. With a guest
worker program it doesn't criminalize those who want to work. It would
also give a timeline for those who are on guest worker visas for
staying in the US - lets say 3 years then you have to be back in your
home country for a minimum of 30 to 0 days before your visa is active
again.