> Shouldn't you be looking for 6,000 year old dinosaur fossils?

Heh, right. Because I believe the Bible I must also believe there were
dinosaurs 6000 years ago....get real. I realize you have a very jaded view of
me because I admitted to matching some definitions of a fundamentalist and
believe in intelligent design, but I'm not stupid. In fact, let's just cut off
all future jabs at me like this at the knees right now.

What I believe:
Adam and Eve were real. Even without the Bible to name them at some point in
history there had to have been one man and one woman from whom we all came.
Incidently that's true even if you believe in random chance evolution.

The earth was made in six days, but not neccessarily six 24 hour periods. A day
in Biblical writing is not always a day as we think of them, especially when
dealing with times outside of the lifetime of the one being addressed or doing
the writing.

Life as we know it can not possibly be the consequence of random chance. A
single celled organism is a nanomachine with hundreds of moving parts
configured with a quadrary programming language. We're infinately more complex
than that. That kind of stuff just doesn't happen randomly.

Did it happen literally and exactly as described in Genesis? I believe it's
probably an approximation that was severely dumbed down for the a society that
hadn't even considered the science physics yet.

Carbon dating is not perfectly accurate. We know that volcanic erruptions can
throw off it's accuracy and we also know that at several points in geological
history the Earth was littered with active volcanos. That said it's still the
most effective way to get the age of ancient objects we have. The 4 billion
year mark that geologists give us, while probably not right, is probably much
closer to the mark than the 6000 year mark that people get by going through
Biblical geneologies.

Evolution does exist. Dogs evolved out of wolves, short beaked finches and long
beaked finches have a common ancestor, etc etc. However I don't believe that an
entirely new species could evolve out of an existing one without divine
guidance. The mutations between the two species would have to be massive and
come very close together.

I've never seen a plausible argument against irreducible complexity. Even if
the parts of the cellular mechanisms evolved in other parts of the cell they
would still need to come together in a single generation, which would be a much
larger jump than natural selection allows for. If there's another arugment
against it I've never seen it. It seems to me that the argument has been
dismissed by the scientific community at large based solely on who presented it
without being given a chance to stand on it's own merits. That's bad science.

Now I spend a whole lot of time figuring out how science and my religion can
co-exist. I do this because I can not logically accept the possiblilty of such
an ordered universe as ours without God and my own religion makes more sense to
me than any other I've come across. I could get into the more spiritual reasons
that I choose to follow Christ as opposed to Muhammad or Buhda or any of a
dozen other religions, but that would be outside the scope.

Frankly I don't appreciate the attacks at my intelligence just because I have a
different world view than you do. You seem to be fond of them.