On 7/9/2010 9:40 AM, Sisk, Kris wrote:
> It's not the positions that are dishonest. It's how the two sides talk
> about each other. If they were honest they'd both admit that the other
> side has a point and we'd actually be able to move towards resolving the
> issue instead of just endlessly arguing about it.

Sometimes I muse that one of the biggest problems with our world today
is the death of compromise.  Looking at the last few generations of
Americans, particularly since WWII, there seems to be a growth of
"winner takes all, anything else is complete failure" attitude.  One can
see it in sports, business and government.  Never settle, never
compromise, never give up.  I am right and everybody else is wrong and
by god I am going to get my way.

One might wonder if there is anybody today who could work out the kind
of compromises that where required when our Constitution was originally
written, or would those who did not get what they wanted just have sued
everybody else to try and get their way?