Not really, for instance one study I read looked at compared emergency
room visits between hospitals in Seattle Washington, and Vancouver,
BC. These were demographically very similar cities. Even after
accounting for all other possible differences, the largest amount of
the differences in emergency ward visits could only be accounted for
by the differences in gun control laws. I think that other comparisons
have been done as well, Winnipeg vs Minneapolis for instance, and
similar results have been found.

There's also a report by the MOJ in Canada which found that even when
accounting for population distribution there was a direct relationship
between the use of illegal firearms  during a crime and the proximity
of the US border.