On 7/16/2010 9:45 AM, Medic wrote:
> Post your code for how you do it once and I'll see if I can help you create
> a reusable function. I assume this should be easy but since I've never
> actually used jQuery I can't say for sure.

I posted a link in the first message so anybody could see all the code.

One piece I am interested in understanding better is the slider
definitions.  As you can see, they are very repetitive, but not identical
$("#popdenSlider").slider({
     min:30,
     max:120,
     step: 5,
     slide: function(event,ui) {
         $("#popdensity").val(ui.value);
         population();
     }
});

$("#cityOneMultiplerSlider").slider({
     min:12,
     max:18,
     step: 1,
     slide: function(event,ui) {
         $("#cityOneMultipler").val(ui.value);
         cityPopulation();
     }
});

$("#cityTwoMultiplerSlider").slider({
     min:20,
     max:80,
     step: 10,
     slide: function(event,ui) {
         $("#cityTwoMultipler").val(ui.value);
         //subCityPopulation();
     }
});

The other piece I am really interested in is there a better way to
bubble the various calculations.  This is basically spreadsheet like
functionality I am attempting to achieve in the form.  I.E. with the
following definitions, I would like all the related fields to
recalculate anytime any of them are changed.  Whether they are changed
by direct user input, use of the slider, or a click of an associated
random button.

* Field C = field A times field B
* Field E = square root of field C times field D
* Field G = field E times field F/100
* and so on....