The math was a lot more white people are poor even though race is
really really really closely tied to poverty.

Maybe mathematically Larry used too many reallys.

The point is it's not as simple as skin color = poverty even though
that's what Larry wants us all to believe. So a lousy white farmer is
just as likely not to get a loan as a lousy black farmer. If you want
to talk about culture of poverty than we can compare percentages and
geographics. But we weren't.