I leave it blank.  Frankly, my race, sex, gender, color, sexual
preference and a wide variety of other attributes are none of the
government's business.  The quickest way to resolve the major issues
regarding race or other forms of discrimination would be for everyone
to refuse to answer those questions, or better still, for the
government to stop asking them.  They are no part of the
constitutionally mandated census, and IMO a violation of the my
constitutional right to privacy.