I toy around with the idea of buying a generic 4 core laptop and installing
linux on it.  But every time I start to realize how much I would miss the
multimedia edit capabilities of the mac software.  iMovie and iPhoto are really
great, simple apps.  I've used sony, ulead, adobe, and others for video editing
and have never found the great balance of power and simplicity that iMovie has.
 Similarly, while there are great photo management apps, iPhoto really hits the
sweet spot for me.  VMWare Fusion on mac is blows away my experience with
vmware on linux.

A strictly windows machine never even crosses my mind anymore :)