Yeah..you're from West Virginia alright.

All I know is that everyone I know who actually lives near the river or the
Blue Ridge bitched for months about the song placing those places in West
Virginia instead of Western Virginia..and just because a songwriter
misplaces a geographical location doesn't mean the river actually moved to
West Virginia.

And as for living there, I lived in Virginia before you were born so perhaps
I have some grasp of what is where.