Doh....my bad, it is in the article Sam posted.

However, I still do not see the connection. The church can rebuild on
the old site (the article says that as well). Again, its not a matter
of whether thy can or should re-build, it a matter of where the money
is coming from. If the mosque was getting money from the PA then not
only would the stories be related, but I would be on the side of the
church.

As it stands, the only thing stopping the church from rebuilding is
money, not zoning laws, or people thinking its too close to Ground
Zero, its money, or the lack there of, nothing else.