In this case, if it's in Iraq, you can't guarantee connectivity,
secondly depending on the clearance level, you may be dealing with
very sensitive information, why even risk interception.

But for the most part I don't get it either, I think employers look at
telecommuting as a perk not as a way to improve their flexibility or
talent pool, when jobs become a premium, perks tend to go away.