Double good luck on that...I am on the same hunt for something permanent...I
am getting too old for this consulting crap.  It's a young person's game...

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Dinowitz [mailto:mdino...@houseoffusion.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 18, 2010 12:18 PM
To: cf-community
Subject: Re: How to screw up an interview

Thanks all, I'm still hoping. I just felt really messed up after the
interview because it was such a small thing.
The position is full time and includes insurance. This means I can stop
looking for contracts and settle down for a long haul. I really want that.

I did mention that I don't hold to ego and if I don't know something I have
no problem looking it up and learning from others. I'm a research expert and
if it can be found, I'll find it. As I've boasted in the past, I'm so good
at research that I found myself a half-sister. :)

If I was interviewing someone, the skills I'd be looking for other than
language would be:
   how fast can they find a viable solution through knowledge, research or
experimentation
   how fast they can see that they are on the wrong path or are mistaken
about something
   How well they adapt to new situations and learn new things

Language syntax is great but concept and ability to apply those concepts are
worth so much more (in my mind).