On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 11:43 AM, Jerry Barnes <critic...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Somehow, the liberals have construed that to mean that Sarah Palin literally
> wanted to "target" Giffords to be shot.

First of all, not only "liberals"  are saying this.  If the map was
that innocent, why did Palin's staff remove it so quickly?

> Were the symbols on Palin's map really the crosshairs through a gunsight, as
> claimed by Congresswoman Giffords herself? Palin's office says they were
> not. They claim they were surveyor's marks. So who's right?
>
> "Aw, come on Boortz! Don't feed us this surveyor's mark nonsense. That's
> just a convenient excuse. We know those are gun sight crosshairs."

In addition to the map, Palin used consistent gun metaphors and
imagery;  Lock and load, don't retreat, reload, etc.  To do that, then
claim your gunsights aren't gunsights is just plain lying.