On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 5:18 AM, Vivec <gel21...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yeah but Robert, you kinda dodged the question you know.
> If the trillions had not been spent on the war in Iraq and now in
> Afghanistan wouldn't you have the money to pay your elderly?
> How is it that so many other countries around the world have proper
> social services and the United States can't deliver?

The wars have nothing to do with our long term ability to pay. It's all
about demographics- too many old people pulling money from the government,
backed by too few people actually working and paying taxes to pay for those
benefits. Europe and Japan are in the same mess, and China will be there in
about 20-30 years once the long-term effects of the one-child policy become
apparent. Within a couple of decades, entitlements in the US will consume
the entire federal budget.

Do you want to live in a society where 50 million people are homeless
> and dying on the street?

If you think there are 50 million people homeless and dying on the streets
in the US, you are badly misinformed.