From: Ian Skinner [mailto:h...@ilsweb.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2011 11:21
To: cf-community
Subject: Re: Coffee & Espresso

On 2/1/2011 8:59 AM, Scott Stroz wrote:
> Hate it. Love the way it smells though.

I'm the same way man.  Love the smell of coffee, but can't even stand coffee
flavored desserts.  I've always figured if I can not stand the taste of
coffee mixed with all the fat and sugar of a dessert, there's no reason to
even try drinking it.

Plus, I am apparently a member of the small set of humanity that is
"immune", or have a high tolerance, to caffeine.  While I have never drank
coffee, The other sources of caffeine I have tried such as 'wake-up' pills,
soda, tea have never provided me a buzz or sense of either energy or
alertness.

Since I really love the smell, I have long flirted with the idea of getting
a clock-timer controlled coffee maker just to wake up to the smell of coffee
in the morning.  But I just can't quite get myself past the idea of wasting
all the filters and beans just for aroma therapy.

But this last weekend my son has shown me that he enjoys coffee, so I will
probably get him something to make a cup for himself in the morning and just
get my aroma therapy as a side effect.