On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 10:01 AM, Greg Morphis <gmorp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It really just gave me an excuse to geek out with SQL and CF.. and
> customize the hell out of it storing every trip to the store, gas
> station, night out, etc. I can tell you how much money we spent on gas
> in 2009, or at Walmart, or was labeled Entertainment, or Medical and
> what percentile that ate into my monthly earnings, etc..
> And since I use it for side CF business, it already has CF/SQL running
> as a service so no biggie

Yeah, sometimes it's fun to reinvent the wheel just because you like
to play with the technology.  I've done that plenty of times.  Really,
I think that's the big difference between someone who's a good
developer and someone who's just keeping a seat warm in an office.
The best developers I know go home and play with tech in their spare
time too, because that's what they have a passion for.

Also - mint.com is worth checking out for summarizing categories of
spending and whatnot.

-Cameron