you'd need to be stocking up in a big way to make that worthwhile.
There is a similar situation in Portland Oregon, though. If you are a
resident of Washington -- just over the river -- you can claim
exemption from the rather high Oregon sales tax at the register. I
think that's the way it works -- it's been a while.