From: Maureen [mailto:mamamaur...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 05, 2011 8:57 PM
To: cf-community
Subject: Re: Fair Tax (was: California tells online retailers ...)

I wonder how aghast people would be.  Most people don't conside how much the
sales tax would be before making a purchase.  Do people drive to a different
city to make purchases because the sales tax is lower?
Even on major purchases like cars where even a 1% difference is a
substantial sum of money.  I don't know anyone who does this.

I'm paying over 30 percent of my income to federal tax.  Even if the federal
sales tax was 23 percent, as some have proposed, it would still be
substantially less than what I am paying now because frankly, I just don't
buy that much.  Groceries, a wee bit of gas, medicine, musical instruments,
and an occasional book or piece of software.  So this would be a perfect
solution for me.  However, people like Paris Hilton who spend their lives
shopping  or those who earn all their income from illegal enterprises and
currently pay no income tax might not like it much.

Perhaps Gruss is addicted to the Home Shopping Network, hence his fear of
sales tax.