That's a real problem we have here in Oregon. We've got such a small
African-American population that it can be easy to essentially ignore
race relation issues and pretend that they just don't exist here. On
the opposite side of the coin, the black community is so small and
concentrated in one geographic area that it can be overly defensive,
insular and suspicious because it is just trying hard to maintain its
existence.

Cheers,
Judah