the general welfare clause has been used in very similar circumstances.

But to accurately measure body fat you need multiple measures using
displacement volume or caliper measurements in multiple places. One
issue here is that for instance are you willing to allow a non medical
person to do some fairly intimate measurements on a kid? Second yes
you can train non medical personnel to do the measurements, but still
it can be expensive. at least 8 to 10 measurements all over the body,
then calculate fat percentage based on the last part. Its not cheap
even if you had the janitor doing it.