my question is whether we even know that fat kids become fat adults. Both
of my kids were pudgy when small and emphatically are not any more, having
added some height a couple of years later. Diet might be a better measure
to track. Or, if there's science behind the correlation at the age where
they are doing it, hmm, maybe, though I am not sure it's productive for the
individual. A kid could just as easily decide that since he/she is already
fat, why not eat whatever they want. Nobody said these decisions are
rational, or intelligent.