Its not just the ice melting, there are a lot of other indicators as
well, time of year when new growth first starts has been progressively
earlier over the last decades. Bird and animal migrations from south
to north has also started earlier. Or look at the ranges for certain
species of animals that are dependent on colder weather - the ranges
have been steadily shrinking as well. so much so that in places, like
the Rockies and the Alps, species that live typically very high in the
mountains are becoming isolated because of the warmer conditions.