it would be a lot harder for criminals to get guns if they were not so
readily available.  Would it stop the flow completely...no...but it would
certainly reduce the hemorrhaging...  Look at what is going on in states
like AZ where i can sell you a gun, as an individual, with no background
checks or anything.  If i were a criminal, I would be making regular trips
to AZ and have a whole bunch of legally obtained weapons.  Nothing wrong
with making all gun sales having a required background check and having
cool down periods.  That is just counterproductive.  With laws like what
they have in AZ...we may as well just give guns to criminals.