Wrong Sam, he forbade any federal funding for stem cell research
except using certain cell lines. And made sure you had to go through
some real ugly hoops before getting the cells lines. Moreover those
line were more likely to develop cancers than other non approved lines
because of their age. Remember I was working for one of the official
repositories for those stem cell lines at the time. I had to write the
code to make sure that the scientists went went through the
appropriate regulatory hoops. BTW that was extra regulation over and
above the normal regulatory process that still had to be met.