On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 8:01 AM, Sam <sammyc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well there's Elle MacPherson.
>
> As for the rest of the non-bulk Obama voters, many got what they
> wanted and are happy.

I got my stem cell research...that was huge.

I got my withdrawal from Iraq, that was nice.

Afghanistan has an end in sight, that's good. I'd bail out now, but oh well.

I didn't give a shit about Gitmo.

I'm not a huge fan of the health care overhaul, but I'm willing to give it
a try. Way to early to tell if it's going to be a success.

Let's see...what are the other biggies.....the bailout. Obama followed the
advice of most economic experts suggesting that a bailout was necessary to
prevent a near total collapse. So while all that is WAY too advanced for my
understanding, when in doubt, listen to the experts.

So did I "get what I wanted"? Yeah, I guess so, though mostly what I wanted
was just someone who I thought was going to THINK...and make decisions
based on honest reason and intellect with an eye towards what he thought
was best for this country. This is why I thought McCain would have been OK
too. I don't think he would have presided as the staunch conservative he
paraded himself as during the election...but we'll never know.

I'm not liberal....far from it....and Obama is certainly more left than I
am...but Bush was more right than I am, and i supported him for as long as
I could too. Obama's been an OK president. Bush was too in his first term,
'cept for his stem cell demagoguery.