If I remember correctly, Republicans defunded any efforts to close Gitmo...

-----Original Message-----
From: GMoney [mailto:gm0n3...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 3:00 PM
To: cf-community
Subject: Re: Limbaugh is voice of GOP majority?

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 2:42 PM, Dana <dana.tier...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have to agree with you there. It was one of the reasons I was
> tempted to make the comparison in the last administration. I realize
> that there was significant (stupid) opposition to closing it but if
> Obama can institute martial law by decree, I'm not quite sure why he
> can't just say you know what this is the right thing to do and we're doing
it.

he easily could, and I think he would LOVE to do just that...since, you
know, he promised to do it.

So why didn't he? I can think of only one logical reason that makes sense:
President Obama became privy to information that Candidate Obama was not
privy too, that convinced him, same as Bush before him, that simply closing
Gitmo would present a clear and present danger to the country.

Now we can scream that this is wrong and not the American way....and
well....we'd be right. But if my assumption is right, then we've had two
completely different presidents from two different parties come to the same
conclusion re: Gitmo. Which is compelling.