"There is a line where deadly force is called for and one where it isn't.
 I don't know what went down, but I find it somewhat difficult to believe
that a 130lb kid was a huge threat to what looks to be a pretty stocky dude"

I don't know anything about this kids physical stature other than what I
have read.  The last information I read was 6 foot 2 inches and 140 pounds.
 Doesn't sound intimidating.

However, back in my teaching days, I coached a wrestler who was 6 foot 1
inches tall and wrestled in the 135 pound weight class.  He won the
individual state championship for that class.  I will tell you that he
could whip my heavyweight (around 220), and any other wrestler on the team,
without much difficulty (except for the 126 pounder who finished 3rd in the
state).

-

Ninety percent of politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation.
- Henry Kissinger

Politicians are people who, when they see light at the end of the tunnel,
go out and buy some more tunnel. - John Quinton