that was my impression. I know what people are going to say but
frankly if we had not gone into Iraq, Afghanistan would never have
become such a crudhole of a nation. Perhaps the Victorian British Raj
had the correct idea, wall off the place from the rest of the world
and let it stew in its own juices.