On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 10:46 AM, Eric Roberts <
ow...@threeravensconsulting.com> wrote:

> When I was doing my last gig, it was in the western burbs of Chicago.  I
> live about 60 miles outside of Chicago and had to commute in about 40 miles
> to get to work.  The worst part of that is the State Route that I have to
> take to get up to the interstate.  It's about 10 miles or so and takes me,
> time wise, 1/2 of my commute (for a total of about an hour...so 10 miles of
> highway takes 30 mins and 30 miles of interstate also takes 30 mins).  This
> is a 2 lane highway that has a lot of semi traffic and it has a lot of
> lights, so rarely does the traffic get near the speed limit as it takes a a
> long time for a loaded semi to get up to speed.  Once I am on the
> interstate, it is pretty smooth sailing, with the occasional asshat doing
> 55
> in the far left lane while everyone else is trying to do 80.  If I get up
> behind a slow poke, I flash my lights a few times and then honk the horn if
> they don't seem to get the message. After that I call the state police and
> report them as there is a law in IL that slower drivers have to give up the
> lane to faster traffic.  While it is true I am breaking the law by going
> over the speed limit, they are also breaking the law and posing a greater
> hazard to drivers because they are driving slower than the rest of traffic.
> It does get real frustrating when you have to slow down because some rude
> person that is going slow is refusing to give up the lane.

A slow moving car causes more accidents than someone who is speeding.
Hitting your breaks repeatedly...or slowing down to let merging traffic
in......things like that, are more hazardous.

People think they are being cautious or responsible drivers when they do
that, but the opposite is true.