On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 10:53 AM, Larry C. Lyons <larrycly...@gmail.com>wrote:

> It really depends on the person. I've met some true christians
> (Unitarians mostly, although a few monks and priests/ministers as
> well). I think with only a very few exceptions none have been an
> evangelical or fundamentalist.

the Christ ideal is going to be almost impossible to live up to. All you
can ask for are people who genuinely try, and I think those people aren't
as rare as you make them out to be.

Where many Christians go wrong, IN MY OPINION, is by letting their faith
become to complicated...and that's almost always done by a Church.
Catholics pile so much shit on top of the simple teachings of Christ, that
I can see why they get confused. Their church has told them they should
deny equal rights to gays, for some reason or another. If they'd just ask
the age old question "WWJD", things would clear up nicely.