First responders, ER personnel, cops, soldiers, the class that are the real
servants of the people.......

We regularly do and see things that are not within the norm for the vast
majority, and it leaves it's mark.  However, usually the choice to fulfill
one of these roles is motivated by things higher than ourselves.  The
feeling of doing good things for a good cause, often unsung, the
relationships you make with those that share your misery.........

These things are hard to explain to outsiders.

We don't say it enough to the daily "grunts" in our lives, but thank you
for your service, remember the time with pride, and enjoy your success in
the sure knowledge that you stepped up when it mattered.

I'm from L.I., N.Y.

My Mom and her husband and my sister still live in Levittown.  They are
still on a newly purchased generator (sis works for home depot, they got a
bad long term credit deal, but they needed it) so they at least have power
and hot water.  They are sharing it with the neighbors who are paying for
the fuel.  Local community at it's finest.

On the flip side there are National Guard guys at some gas stations after
riots and guns getting pulled over shortages, shortages that don't even
need to be happening, artificial shortages, when you consider the nations
strategic reserve of fuels and what even a trickle of that could mean in
this situation.  Sell it, at fair market value, truck it in.  I know there
are hundreds of thousands of gallons on Ft. Drum right now.

My second families, the Healy and O'Toole clans; who I lived with and
fought with and drank with and still talk shit with are still there.  They
are OK, but things are far worse than being reported; which seems to the
norm with modern 4th estate.