GMoney <gm0n3...@gmail.com> wrote:

> So that is a slight help. Shrinks my paycheck every time, but hopefully by
> my first medical expense, i've got enough in there to at least help cover
> it. It really comes down to this though: Don't get sick next year.

I'm not a fan of ObamaCare because it addresses the wrong problem in
general (it attempts to cover the uncovered 20% of the US), albeit
true that it has some other fixes like the 26 thing.

That said, it might be a step in the right direction if it can "get
everybody in the boat" and now you can use those people and numbers to
truly find a fix - let's just all agree that ObamaCare by itself is
not a fix, it may simply be a step in the path to a fix.

In a nutshell, the cost of care will keep rising - having effects on
people like it's having on you G - and until we find a systemic fix
we'll all literally pay the price.

IMO, healthcare is core infrastructure and defense spending so we need
to get businesses out and convert to a well-regulated private industry
like the Netherlands or Switzerland (NOT like Canada or the UK or
France).

Only then will we see costs come down, productivity and quality go up.
 We did it with the airlines in 1980 and we can do it with healthcare
today*

* note: pilots thought their pay and numbers would stay high; big
mistake, but the industry has adjusted and good pilots are doing just
fine.  Unfortunately nobody has figured out a way into fooling doctors
into thinking their pay won't change and that's the #1 obstacle.
Fixin people ain't no different than fixin aeroplanes - the path to
low cost is standard troubleshooting and standard procedures done at
scale to enable low cost.  easy!