Actually the Heller and McDonald cases have shown that it does apply to the
states.

Let's take away the guns, and just talk limits.

1.  It is my position that that the bill of rights grants nothing, but is
only a recognition of natural/god given rights.

2.  The supremacy clause makes federal law the highest law in the land,
provided the legislation is withiin constitutional limits.

If I were to argue from your perspective, than the state can limit your
speech, religious freedoms, and everything else.

Let's say you're correct thoug.  Every state constitution I've ever read
has a 2nd amendment like clause in it as well.

We ignore these limits imposed on government at all levels ony at great
peril.  Which is why we find ourselves in such a state today.