First off is it  Descriptive moral relativism, meta-ethical moral
relativism or normative moral relativism? They are quite different.

>From Wikipedia:
-----
Moral relativism may be any of several philosophical positions
concerned with the differences in moral judgments across different
people and cultures. Descriptive moral relativism holds only that some
people do in fact disagree about what is moral; meta-ethical moral
relativism holds that in such disagreements, nobody is objectively
right or wrong; and normative moral relativism holds that because
nobody is right or wrong, we ought to tolerate the behavior of others
even when we disagree about the morality of it.
-----

So you see the issue here, moral relativism has utility in a variety
of endeavors, Anthropology for example, and is required in a number of
different circumstances it would seem (extreme example cannibalism
during starvation). As the Greek historian and philosopher Herodotus
noted, each society regards its own belief system and way of doing
things as better than all others.

So ranting about moral relativism here you're duplicating what
Herodotus observed.

My own opinion is that it depends. I don't think our moral and ethical
system is superior to any other system. Its what has evolved within
our society to fit our society's needs.