The so called war on Christmas is just something that the religious
right wing hauls out when they need more money. Its almost an annual
event. Somehow my name have been put on a few right wing Christian
mailing lists. (And if I ever find out who did that...). But every
year like clockwork that old War on Christmas canard is trotted out
along with a begging letter - We cannot fight this horrid thing unless
you send $50, $100, $500 etc.

It has nothing to do with Christmas at all. It has everything to do
with bilking the faithful.