Well...it would depend on the circumstances.

If i worked at a store as like a salesperson...and the store told me that
it was company policy to say "Happy Holidays", and they heard me mistakenly
say "merry christmas"...so they fired me...i'd be pissed.

But let's say i refused to follow their instructions, and repeatedly said
merry christmas on purpose, and they gave me warning after warning, but i
kept doing it...to make some political statement....then they'd have every
right to fire me and I'd have no reason to be pissed.