Of the research I've seen, Roy Spencer's research appears to be more
accurate than most.

Skeptical Science, The Guardian, Thinkprogress all try to debunk his
theories, mostly by throwing him under the bus by mentioning his religious
background (why?) the fact is he's monitoring the avg global temps from
Satellites instead of on the surface of the planet, which is much more
accurate and shows more detail in the southern hemisphere.

Just in my own area, surface temp towers are placed in locations that are
not ideal, like rooftops, or next to vent outputs which causes the data in
be much higher than it's supposed to be.  Just like gathering tree ring data
in a valley or on top of a mountain range.  The data is corrupted by the
surface environments happening locally to where they gather the data.  That
is crappy science!  Not saying it happens that way every time, but enough to
skew the data.

When you plot CO2 with avg temps of the globe there is not a strong
correlation between the increased levels of CO2 versus temp change, unless
you look at only the last 30-100 years.  When you look at the last few 100
thousand years, the CO2 levels are still are gradually increasing, but the
temps don't follow the same pattern, they're all over the place.  That means
one does not causing the other directly.

However, when you plot the change in the Sun's activity (sunspots,
increasing solar flares etc) with the temp changes on the planet, it show's
a much more accurate path all the way  back through our global past. If you
look into the Milankovitch Cycles, it too shows that when the earth's
distance to the sun in orbit changes or the tilt on the Earth's own axis
adjusts, the temperatures change on the surface as well.  I'm sure CO2 has
some impact, but not anywhere near what they're saying it is.

Scientists never "want" to be proven wrong, but there is way "too much"
politics on the subject of climate change, which is why even good scientists
can become corrupt.  Remove the region and the political slant from the
conversation and just look at the accuracy of the data.  If the data isn't
accurate, then you should be continuously asking why, which isn't what's
happening.  Just following someone's answer because they say their
Climatologist or debunking someone because they aren't is ridiculous.