I'm not sure why you keep talking about this being a Fox story.
CNN.COM did the investigation  and broke the story with an exclusive
interview with Dr. Sam Foote.
http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/23/health/veterans-dying-health-care-delays/

This is a deep and horrible mess perpetrated by people guilty of
murder by depraved indifference.  And while they are government
employees, this has absolutely nothing to do with the health care
policies of the ACA.

I find it baffling that you, as a veteran and user of the VA health
system can be so cavalier about what is happening.