So the Jerusalem post says that Obama gave a personal message to the former
president of Israel. Not the same as the public messages from the UN and
other world leaders, but it was a message. I just did a search for "US
President Obama expresses his well wishes for the three kidnapped teens*"*
and only found the Jerusalem post's blog entry and sites that pointed to
it. No major news outlets reporting this. I guess that's why I missed it.

As for condolences, I expected that to be said publicly and I see he had
his standard disclaimer which is basically for Israel not to react. Good
luck with that.

But the boys are dead and the point is moot. Next news item.